Tuesday, March 4, 2008

UnoSpedato


I finally got the Rig finished up last Friday, just in time to watch the rain soak all the trails. Two days of warm weather dried them up nicely though, and I couldn't have had better weather on Monday. The singlespeed definitely rocks, and I'm looking forward to racing on it. I was impressed with how comfortable the ride was, as I was expecting to get a bit of the shakin spine syndrome going back to a hardtail from the double squishy. The big wheels combined with low pressure in the tires really soaked up all the rough stuff. Two hours at IC King with a 32x18 was no problem, but there is going to be a bit of an adjustment period to dial in my cadence, gearing, and to become efficient enough on it to make it work for 24 hours. Hopefully it will be dry enough sometime in the next week to get a 4 or 5 hour ride in on it and see how the legs like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment